The organizer of the Hub is Galileo Progetti Nonprofit Ltd. – Budapest, Hungary.
The aim of the Galileo C4S Hub is to encourage the work of the Community Living Lab, EduLAB 0-6, to assist in the implementation of the inclusive science education (ISE) in early childhood education and care (IECEC).
The target group of children is predominantly socio-economically disadvantaged Roma children and their families.
The main objective of Galileo Progetti is the development of the social sector, the social economy, and the social inclusion, also through the exchange of good practices and experiences among European Union countries and by developing networking, European mobility and exchanges of experiences. Through its activities, Galileo Progetti aims to contribute to sustainable development within the European Union and in Hungary, also through the dissemination of models, methodologies, tools, with attention to the European experiences and policies. The overall objectives include social inclusion, inclusive and high-quality early childhood education, employment, equal opportunities for disadvantaged people, fighting poverty, discrimination, and exclusion.
Józsefvárosi Egyesített Bölcsődék (JEB) was founded in 1994 by the municipality of the 8th district of Budapest, a district in which the minority population is particularly relevant. The early childhood educators from the nursery have experience in various international projects. Some of these are as follows: FINE! Food and Nutrition In ECEC (2018-1-HU01-KA201-047760); I.ECEC (Intercultural Early Childhood Education and Care Curriculum Design for Professionals project (2018-1-HU01-KA201-047763), MECEC+ Multicultural Early Childhood Education project (2016-1-HU01-KA201-022945).
Community Living Lab
Starting from the Lab 0-6 founded in 2020 in the Mini-Manó Nursery, member of the JEB Józsefvárosi Egyesített Bölcsődék (association of municipal nurseries of the 8th district of Budapest) to implement of the inclusive science education (ISE) in early childhood education and care (ECEC), in the framework of the C4S was created the EduLAB 0_6 community living lab developing activities in the Mini-Manó Nursery in Budapest – 8th district. This district is in the heart of Budapest, and it’s especially populated by Roma families.
- meetings with the stakeholder
- design of the laboratory rooms
- creation of the physical environment
- analyses of the needs of professional ECEC educators in relation to science education and intercultural diversity are
- professional training of the educators
- selection of the educators involved in the pilot
- training for the educators involved in the pilot
- compilation, testing, selection, analysis and review of the play set
- testing the equipped laboratory
- redesign of the laboratory rooms
- planning the operation of the laboratory
- elaborating and discussing aspects of dates, policies and documentation
- organization of the events on weekdays in the Lab
- organization of the events on Saturdays afternoon for families
- organization of the outdoor Lab activities with the families
- discussing the science learning activities with the educators
- building of the research team
- organization and implementation of the pilot
- organization workshops for the educators of the JEB
- participation in conference and other professional events